- Chapters 2 and 3 are now out for internal review. Current page count is 170 including 9 Appendices. Looks like the final document will be, at least, twice that length.
- Journal paper #2 is back from internal review #1. I should be able to complete the editing this week and get it out for internal review #2.
- I have another conference paper due Sept 15th, but have been effectively told to take 4 days vacation*, so I will be out-of-the-office between 31-Aug and 10-Sep. As a result, the paper will need to be written and out for internal review before I leave.
- Next week: I will be at 3DIM in Montreal so I will be offline between 20 and 23 August.
- Chapter 4 of the thesis** will be started this week or immediately after I return from the conference. This is the last large chapter and once it is done the thesis is, effectively, 90% complete.
Speaking of conferences, here is my North American tour tentative schedule:
20-23 August: Montreal, PQ (3DIM 2007)
12-14 October: Ottawa, ON (RObotics and Sensors Environments 2007)
26-31 January: San Jose, CA (Electronic Imaging 2008)
12-15 May: Victoria, BC (I2MTC 2008)
11-12 June: Seattle, WA (American Control Conference 2008)
[* my status at NRC renewed for 4-month terms. At each transition they try to give me a week's vacation, which I have, until now, generally responded with "No thanks" and had the terms follow back-to-back. This time I was not quick enough off the draw and I'm stuck with the vacation. Oh well, I have plenty of projects to keep me busy]
[** the thesis will have 5 chapters. The intro and conclusion are the shortest sections and will be written once Chapters 2, 3 and 4 have gone through one or more internal review passes.]